Last Sunday, we finished our What in the World? sermon series by looking at the testimony of Simeon in Luke 2:25-35. Simeon was a devout man who lived with anticipation of Jesus’ coming. When he finally saw his Savior, he announced Jesus as a “Light of revelation to the Gentiles, and the glory of Thy people Israel.” He was ecstatic and he looked beyond himself and beyond his own people to invite every nation, tongue, and tribe to know Jesus.
More than a sentimental journey, Christmas is an invitation to make Jesus known—to literally go tell it on the mountain that Jesus Christ is born!
So let me ask you to consider three simple ways for you join Simeon and Green Hill Church in making Jesus known this Christmas season:
Pray for the Nations.
- The 2016 Week of Prayer for International Missions is December 4-11. You can pick up a prayer guide on Sunday in the worship center.
- Visit imb.org for how you can pray for missionaries and people groups throughout the year.
- Register at pray4everyhome.com to pray for your closest 100 neighbors every 20 days.
- Join our own Pray 11:09 Prayer Ministry
Give to the Nations
- Give your tithes and offerings through Green Hill Church. Your faithful giving allows us to go farther faster. Prayerfully consider generous end-of-year giving.
- Give to our Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions. Our goal is $8000!
- Commit to giving above and beyond to two offerings in 2017:
This supports Green Hill Church’s local and global disciple making efforts.
(2) Free to Go Fund Goal of $72,000
This helps us to pay off our debt of $185,000 by the end of 2017.
On Sunday, December 11 we will ask you to bring your gifts to Jesus. As we give our tithes and offerings, we will also bring our Lottie Moon Christmas Offering Gifts and our Disciple Making Fund Commitment for 2017. So please pray and ask the Lord to show you how you can give to the nations during this season.
Also, on Sunday, December 11, we will ask you to affirm our 2017 Financial Plan. You can find a copy of the 2017 Financial Plan at the Welcome Center.
Go to the Nations
In addition to praying and giving, we are asking you prayerfully consider how you will personally make disciples who make disciples. We currently have four partnerships and several local ministries to consider for 2017:
- Outreach to Egyptians in Nashville.
One of those groups is Egyptians numbering 5000-6000 people. Green Hill Church
currently serves Egyptians who live in Millwood Manor Apartment complex.
Considering volunteering to help with Conversational English on two Sundays each month.
We also need 2-4 volunteers who will invest in Kids Ministry at the Arabic Baptist Church
each Sunday night. Contact Jeff and Cathy Postell at email@example.com
- Remedy City Church, Portland, Oregon
Come to the first Interest Meeting this Sunday, Dec. 4 at 8 am in the Battleship.
Contact Daniel Kinkade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Puerto Diaz Mission
Contact Rickey Baxley at email@example.com.
- Mekong Evangelical Mission
Asia. Contact Daryl Crouch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Room in the Inn
Contact Charlie Woods at 615-790-3141.
- Compassion Ministries
Contact Clay Smith at email@example.com.
- Feed MJ
Contact Eric Manchir at Emanchir@paycor.com.
- Pregnancy Care Center
Contact the Pregnancy Care Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- W. A. Wright Elementary School
with school staff and enlist Green Hill volunteers to help with various events, tutor students, encourage teachers,
etc. Contact email@example.com for more information.
So “What in the World” are you doing to join the mission of God to make disciples of Jesus who make disciples of Jesus? Would you take your next step with Jesus? Would you make this Christmas the best Christmas ever for people who live across the street and around the world as you pray, give, and go to make Jesus known?